Friday, February 8, 2013

The two films I viewed


  Today I had just finished watching a film called Le Voyage dan lune (1902) directed by a french filmmaker
George Melies. After watching this film, I thought to myself, for a movie just made over a hundred years ago, alot has changed. I can see how this film was very cutting edge of its time, its not too often that you see moving scenery shown in a film. To me it feels like as if I were watching a live play with no dialog, if the narrator didn't explain the story. I think I would have a better understanding of the film. The part I found interesting that the moon is really a man, that has alot make up on his face.




 The second film I watch was called the The great train robbery (1903) directed by Edwin S. Porter. What I like about this most about this film, there's no narrator to tell you for every scene of the film. This type of film you have to figure out whats going to happen next, than having someone tell. This film is really simple easy to follow since there's no lines to hear. What I also like about it that was a western theme film, because there's posse of robbers that hold up a train station's ticket clerk. Then they taken train that's just left the station, then press forward down the rail, stop the train and then get on horseback, and escape. But than the local marshals get word of the robbery, and they find out where they may be. Next they find there camp, and justice has been done.    

No comments:

Post a Comment